Replacement Light Weight Round Aluminum Power Knob Adapter Kit for Daiwa SALTIST Reels.
Fits 4000, 4500, 5000, 6000 & 6500 Reels.
Also Fits Daiwa Exceler 4500, 5000, 6000 & 6500 Reels.
Handle Blank is NOT Included
These Knobs are extremely comfortable & lightweight. They come in 3 colors: BLACK, SILVER & GOLD The knobs contain 2 ball bearing.
Daiwa SALTIST & EXCELER Saltwater Spinning Reels.
The Adapter Kit consists of the following components:
NOTE: Application of Loctite Blue 242
Careful application of the Loctite to your Adapter Kit knob is necessary to assure proper operation. Please review these following points prior to the installation of the knob.
1. Loctite must be used when the knob is installed.
2. Using a tooth pick, paper clip or straight pin, push a drop or two of the Loctite down into the threaded hole of the handle spindle. Remove the excess from the side and top of the spindle.
3. Place some Loctite on the threads of the screw. The Loctite should cover the entire circumference of the screw.
4. Without installing the knob, tighten down the screw into the handle spindle, leaving about .25" of thread exposed. Wipe off the excess Loctite from the exposed area and from under the head of the screw. Let the screw/spindle set up for several hours.
5. Remove the screw from the spindle. There will be some resistance to the removal. This resistance is necessary in order to keep the knob rotating freely while keeping the screw and knob from locking down. The full setting time of the Loctite is 24 hours. Note, Loctite 242 Blue is not permanent and screw can be removed.
6. Proceed with the installation.
4. Place the retainer into the cavity of the bottom half of the knob. The top of the retainer is wider than the bottom section.
5. Place the 3mm screw into the top of the retainer and tighten down until the knob fails to rotate. Then back off a bit to permit free spinning.
Sales Tax: CA Residents Pay 9.25% Sales Tax.
Local Pickup: Local pick-up can be arranged.
Payment: Payment is by PayPal only. Please make your payment without receiving an invoice as the shipping process is keyed on and commences with the receipt of your PayPal payment. If you purchase several items, you may request an invoice prior to payment.